Monday, December 13, 2010

A journey bigger and further than mine...

Tomorrow is the day!!!! My daddy comes home! He left this morning around 3 AM here (east coast, U.S.). You know, I'm concerned about my grades, I'm a perfectionist. I have an exam tomorrow before I go to the airport, but really I could care less. I just want my dad! As I've stated previously, it has been a long 40 days and communication was rough. The internet connection in Bangladesh is very slow; therefore, I couldn't skype my dad. We had to email, and then it only permitted emails when dad was able to get a strong enough connection for them to go through. We received two phone calls, one on thanksgiving and one a few days ago. The phone calls, cost $3.00 a minute, so they were even kept short. It doesn't matter anymore though, HE IS COMING HOME!!!! This is truly the best Christmas present...ever.

Dad's journey has been quite an amazing one. He was  military brat, therefore he has seen the world (and he still is...). He has helped keep my small town safe and he still is. He has a relationship with God that is admirable. Hopefully, God and I will agree next time to keep daddy in the United States. Ha ha! Anyway, dad's journey is bigger and more progressed then mine, but that comes with age and the opportunities you have. I know that my time will come though! I'm looking forward to it.

Prayers for safe travel, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)