Saturday, April 28, 2012

Don't you dare look out your window. Darling, everything's on fire.

End of the year: It's that time of the year again! Exam time! We finished classes on Friday! I cannot believe it. This year has flown by! I finish exams on May 9, so just a few days separate me and my senior year. That is so crazy to me! I cannot believe it! Please keep all of the college students in your prayers as they get through their end of the semester exams! As you know, they are stressful for everyone! On an exciting note, tomorrow I will receive my class ring. There will be a nice ceremony that will explain the traditions of the ring and everything else. I'm really looking forward to it. My whole family gets to attend. Somewhere over the ocean... Somewhere over the ocean and through a few countries there is a Marine. There are thousands of Marines. Somewhere over the ocean there is a husband, a brother, a father, a son, a boyfriend, a uncle, a best friend. All of whom are fighting. Fighting to come home. Fighting for the United States. Fighting for the freedom of Afghanistan. Somewhere over the ocean is a man who is stronger and braver than no other. Since the beginning of February I have started talking to a boy I went to pre-school through elementary school with. However, he is no longer a little boy. He is a United States Marine on his second tour in Afghanistan. Talking to him has opened my eyes to a lot. I realize how much I take advantage of the most simply things in life. Such as laying here on my bed typing this blog post. I know that I will wake up tomorrow; he doesn't. However, he knows that he is risking his life to save millions of others. It is inevitable that these men and women are taking for granted each day. That risk their life for you. Let me ask you, what do you do for them? A thank you, a simple thank you means the world to these people. Next time you see someone in the military, I ask that you thank them. As they are doing so much more than we realize! Safe and Sound- Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)