Monday, March 7, 2011

"Everybody needs inspiration, everybody needs a soul..."

Update:
Daddy made it to Bangladesh safely! Thank you for your prayers! This time he will stay in the capitol of Dhaka! That means communication will be A LOT easier! He was able to call us this morning. Calling is still expensive and will be on rare occasions, but we are expecting more than two calls this time. :) Please continue to pray for his safety and that he will have a life fulfilling trip.

On a side note:
So, you've all heard me mention him, but I haven't written a lot about him. If you haven't figured it out by now, the "him" I'm referring to is my boyfriend. Anyway, I've decided to finally spill about him, since it seems like I have everyone else! So, here's a little background information: his name is Mike, he's a year a head of me in school, two years older than me in age (we both have summer birthdays), a mechanical engineering major (switching to business), is from the largest city in North Carolina, is one of the most hard-working people I know, and he has become my best friend. Oh and did I mention we've only known each other since July? Yep, you see...we're weird & we will admit it. We aren't the average couple that "gets to know each other" and "talks" (what a dumb description- you're either dating or you're not!) for five months before making it official. We met, we didn't see each other for a month, when school started we saw each other maybe once or twice, then there was a football game-we hit it off, then we started dating. I will admit, there were a few apprehensions, but aren't there apprehensions with every new relationship? I mean, let's be serious...we've all been heartbroken at some point in our lifetime! Anyway, that's basically the summary as to how we got together. From that point, we've gotten to know each other as we've built our relationship & honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world.

By this point, if you're reading this momma, I'm sure you're thinking, "Gagggg" and "Oh no, I don't wanna read this," so...sorry momma! Just don't show daddy! ;)

Back to the spill. Although we've only been together for a short time, Mike has become one of the the few "constants" I have around me. Aside from my family & my additional three moms, Mike is someone I know will always be there to support me. That's new for me, I've never had a boyfriend who I KNEW would be there whenever I needed him; it's great. Not only is he so supportive, but he is patient & brave. After all, he's dating me! Hahaha! Also, he doesn't know it, but I admire him. He works just under 40 hours a week & is a full-time college student & somewhere in there he still makes time for me. I couldn't do it, there is no way! The stress would kill me. Yes, I'm a full-time student, I have job (I only work five hours a week), and I'm a new member in kappa delta- but I couldn't possibly do what he does. Not to mention...he does all of that without complaining. He complains very little about his job & school work. That completely blows my mind.

Anyway, I guess I'll wrap that up. I'm a lucky girl & he's one heck of a guy.

Summer job:
I'm in search of a summer job & I'm having NO luck. If you will, please keep that in your prayers! I really need to find one!


That concludes this post. I hope you're all having a great Monday!
Below is the music video "When I Look at You" by Miley Cyrus. This was featured in the movie The Last Song. It's also Mike's ringtone! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)