Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I was enchanted to meet you. This night is sparking, don't you let it go."

This poem was the devotion for January 18th & I fell in love with it, so I thought I would share.

"If love" is conditional love. IT says, I love you...
if you run with the right crowd.
if you let me borrow your car this weekend.
if you sleep with me.
if you wear the latest styles and like loud music.
if you let me see your answers when I'm stumped.
if you don't hassle me with your problems.
if you loam me money for a beer.

"Because love" is easy love. It says, I love you...
because you were "most-valuable player" in last week's game.
because you voted for me as class president.
because you're crazy and make me laugh,
because you throw wild parties and like lots of bass.
because your reference letter helped land me a good job.
because you're hot and have great tattoos.
because you are basically a lot like me.

"Anyhow love" is hard, unconditional love. It says, I love you...
anyhow, even if you ignore me when I talk.
anyhow, even if you judge me unfairly and gossip behind my back.
anyhow, even if you like classical music.
anyhow, even if you are a lesbian.
anyhow, even if you have a fresh outbreak of acne.
anyhow, even if you grew up on the wrong side of town.
anyhow, even if you don't understand me and my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)