Monday, April 25, 2011

"If I die young bury me in satin, lay me down in a bed of roses..."

Happy Easter!


Easter Vacation
I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday! This year, Easter break was a little different for me. I believe it was the first time I have not gone to church on Easter. :(   I hate I was not able to spend Easter Sunday with my church family, but the trip we took was very enjoyable and great family time. My parents recently bought a camper, so this Easter we went to Williamsburg, VA and camped out! The camper is very nice; way different from tent camping! Haha! Williamsburg is such a beautiful area. We explored Colonial Williamsburg as well as The College of William and Mary! I am absolutely in love with the college. If I lived in VA I would definitely have chosen to go to school there! Don't get me wrong, I love my university and it will forever hold a special place in my heart, but William and Mary is to die for. Aside from exploring the area we did a little shopping. They have a fairly new outlet mall and I was in need for some new spring/summer clothes. I hate shopping, so I rarely get new clothes. Therefore, it was time for a wardrobe update. Overall, it was a very enjoyable Easter vacation, but I could definitely have used a few more days at home!

End of the semester
I'm not sure where this year has gone, but it could definitely slow down! It is official, this week is dead week. However, it is never really dead. Supposedly, dead week is supposed to be an easy week or students, but I beg to differ. Dead week will be the death of us all! The work has piled up! Yesterday, I had a 12 page paper due. Tomorrow, I have a 4-6 page paper due & Friday, I have a project/presentation due! Goodness, so much work! However, it won't be long until summer break is here. I must say, I am excited for summer. Although, that will mean I am officially half way through with college and that is not something I am excited about. Truth is, I love college! It's perfect. I have my freedom and I am on my own for the most part; however, I still have and need my parents support. Also, I'm scared about "the real world." I trust, that I will be able to handle it, but I am scared I won't get into graduate school or what if I can't find a job in this horrible economy? So many things to worry about!

Kappa Delta
So, it's official. I am a full sister in Kappa Delta! Initiation was great. The senior send off is May 8 and my big is graduating! I don't know what I am going to do with out her at every event next year!! This is simply not ok, but I am so proud of her for all of her hard work over the last four years! I can't believe I won't see some of those girls until August once school gets out.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great and blessed week!

"If I Die Young" The Band Perry

4 comments:

  1. First off, congrats on officially becoming a sister in Kappa Delta!

    Secondly, I could curse you for titling your post with that song! Now I will be going to bed singing that song after I JUST got it out of my head from the weekend!
    Thanks JB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lee Lee!

    Sorry about the song, it's been stuck in my head for a while now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie - I don't envy you with the school work - but you sure seem to have an excellent attitude! In the end, all the hard work will surely pay off!

    I loved in Virginia Beach for 3 years - loved to drive up toe WIlliamsburg whenever we were able. Oh I love that area so much - I miss the sunshine. Did you get a chance to visit the Williamsburg Pottery. What a great conglomeration place - everything under the sun - we always had fun when we spent the day up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie- Unfortunately, we did not get to visit the Williamsburg Pottery. However, we did stay very close to it. I know my momma wanted to, but we didn't have enough time! My parents normally go to Williamsburg for their anniversary, so maybe they will have the opportunity when they return.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)