Monday, November 22, 2010

"The colors that the rain throws, ballerina dance softly..."

So, Thanksgiving is this week. What are you thankful for? There are so many things that I could name off, but I believe the list would go on & on! God has blessed me with so much. Here are just a few: my amazing family, boyfriend, and best friends. My WONDERFUL university and education that I'm receiving, a nice place to live, and a car to drive. I'm thankful for all of my past experiences, even the one's that I'm not so proud of. I'm thankful for the beauty of music and art of dance; the magnificent colors of the world as well. Like I said, the list could go on. Every day, I find something new and try to see the beauty in it, even the most sticky situations (that one doesn't come so easily & often, I simply don't want to find the positives in it).

Currently, I'm using this blog post as a mean of procrastinating! I REALLY don't want to work on my presentation OR finish my paper up. Instead, I think I'll attempt to find the "beauty" of the two assignments...once I finish them, I'm one step closer to Thanksgiving break and completing my education (even if I have a LONG way to go- thanks grad school). Hahaha

Ok, back to a more serious matter. Is there something in your life that just sparks your emotions? A song? A book? A painting? Tonight, I've had my iTunes playing and it's always certain songs that I just connect with. I may not even be experiencing what the artist is describing, it's simply the music, the beat, the instruments. It's an amazing feeling, but it makes me miss dancing that much more. In my opinion dancing is the most beautiful form of art, it's just so passionate! I'm soooo THANKFUL for music and dance and for having the opportunity to dance competitively from age 4 to age 18.

Anyway, I suppose I will finish up with my random thoughts and get back to my paper. :(

Here is one of the songs I'm currently listening to that sparks all of those emotions I was talking about earlier. It's Jason Mraz's "A Beautiful Mess." I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Since I'm reminiscing I've decided I would upload a video of one of my favorite dances I did in high school. The song is "Mama" from a Broadway musical & the type of dance is lyrical.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    Happy Thanksgiving... a bit belated! I've always loved dancing, although I never learned. Someday, maybe! And I'm a total music addict, too. Nothing like music to spark the emotions!

    Hope you're having a great day!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I meant to tell you that I really appreciated the compliment on my blog... It made my day! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)