Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"She's not afraid, she just likes to use a night light."

I'm kind of shocked that I'm doing so well keeping up with this thing! Anyway, today's post is going to be about lots of random thoughts on lots of random things!

First: Today, I had class registration for next semester, finally! The way my university works with the order everyone is allowed to register is by credit hours. Seniors, juniors, sophomore, then freshmen; then the hours each individual has in their class. It's a pain because classes are always closing and opening from where people are putting themselves in a class and then dropping it! Anyway, I was fortunate enough to get all of the classes I needed (except for self-defense) at pretty good times! Excited about that! Although, I'm really disappointed I couldn't get into my PE class! I think self-defense could be really fun. I'm on the wait list for it though! Wish me luck.

Second: How about that election? Since I'm in college, I had to do an absentee ballot. I'm registered non-affiliated, BUT I do lean to the right. Within the next few years, I predict that I'll end up switching to the Republican party! Sorry, democrats...we're just too different. It wasn't working out! Who am I kidding though? It's not about party ID, it's about each individual issue and which candidate offers the best solution and plans, in your opinion, of course. I must say, I'm a big fan of this year's results- I love Richard Burr!

Third: Facebook! I decided to delete my page after being a member of the Facebook community for around two-three years. I've become addicted! I spend too much time on it and I've realized that I don't need to know what absolutely everyone is doing every second of the day! Although technology is a great thing, I'm concerned that society is getting lazy and becoming to dependent on it! What happened to simple phone calls? When you meet someone today it's no longer the exchanging off phone numbers, it's "Hey! Look me up on Facebook!" Get real...do tell me how you're supposed to maintain a healthy friendship or relationship THROUGH Facebook? Another problem I've experienced with it: I should NOT have to find out things through FACEBOOK about some of my BEST friends. WHAT THE HECK!?! I recently read a post on someone's blog (Bookish Blonde) about Facebook! I must say, I agree 100% with her! I will admit, I'm having withdrawals from it! This is something I really want to do though! :)
Anyhow, I suppose that's it for now. I hope everyone has had a great day so far. Another quote from my "Yes You Can't" flip book, "Serenity is the calm indifference that comes from being habitually ignored."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)