Thursday, November 4, 2010

"My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words, but I always remember the tune." Graycie Harmon

BLEH! That's how I feel right now!

Today was the day I was absolutely dreading; we took daddy to the airport. As I've mentioned before, a month in Bangladesh is a blessing in itself because it's not a year in Kosovo. Thankfully, my dad was able to fly-out from the airport that is in the area that I go to school, so I was able to be there with my parents (even if it wasn't, I would have been there). Fortunately, professors are very understanding with situations such as my current one. My parents came and picked me up and we went and grabbed an early dinner and spent some last minute family time together. It has ABSOLUTELY SUCKED not being able to spend the last few weeks with my dad. Thank you, college!  UGH! Then again, me being in college and him wanting to go overseas for a few weeks has been another blessing in itself. I'm used to be away from my parents for a few weeks at a time (not four in a row, but about two). I know if I would have been in high school, I couldn't have done it. I would have been a total wreck! Today, I told myself I wouldn't let myself cry in front of daddy, I would "suck it up" just like he tells me too! I failed, miserably. As soon as we started heading to the airport I got that huge knot in the back of my throat. I held the tears in except for one or two all the way to the airport, even up to the terminal. Travelers literally have to be dropped off at the curb because airport security is so strict. You have to say your goodbyes right there and they have to be quick. Well, once dad got out of the car I couldn't hold it in. I started crying my eyes out, I went to hug my daddy and I didn't want to let go. Mom said he teared up. That was one of the most difficult "see you laters," I've ever had to say. This 40 days needs to go bye realllllll quick like. I don't know how military families do it! Then again, my nana, daddy, and aunt did it all the time years ago. Strongest. People. Ever. I commend them and all other military families for their strength and sacrifice.

Anyway, let me get to the point of this post. I'm sure most of you are wondering "what about your mom?" I know I haven't mentioned her much because this whole dad thing has been on my mind lately, but let me just say, I have the most amazing mom! I hope and pray that I can be half the woman she is when I'm older. You see, my mom puts up with a lot! She works like crazy, she takes care of my dad, grandma, and dog, she does the house chores like cleaning and laundry, is very active in church, finds time to spend with friends, andddd puts up with me! The patience she has...I don't know how she does it. Seriously, I have no clue. She's the woman that has gone to EVERY dance recital and competition, game, Junior Miss program, scholastic award ceremony and everything else I've been involved in. She's taken me to all of my doctors appointments, dentist appointments and every "appointment" you can think of. She's my been support and still is and will always be. She's the one person, I know I can count on 24/7. She's always been there to say, "I'm proud of you!" or listen to my stupid and random stories, to give me a hug just because. She will go out of her way to do something if she knows it will make someone happy. I'm telling you, she's incredible. Oh, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, but she's ALWAYS right. It drives me nuts! Today at the airport, she was sooo strong. I'm not looking forward to being away from daddy, but that's her husband. My parents have the strongest marriage; they've been together for 30 years and haven't been apart from each other for more than two weeks. I cannot imagine what it's going to be like for her. My mom is really tender-hearted, so I'm really confused as to how she held it together. I guess, she's just THAT strong.

Anyway, I just felt you should all know a little about my mommy because she's been a HUGE and significant part of my life journey. I'm very blessed to have her in my life.
In honor of my mom (which I'm assuming she'll eventually read this) I'm posting two videos. The songs are both inside jokes.  They're "Highway to Hell" and "I Say a Little Prayer." I know, they seem really contradictory, butttt long story! Hahaha As the quote says in the title of this post, I will always remember the tune. Here they are! LOL!







2 comments:

  1. It's called love, Sweetie. Something which you possess in abundance. But - you can forget about the "Highway To Hell" song. It will not be played at my funeral!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, but it will. You won't be there to stop me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them! :)